In the previous article we discussed important details to consider on a food label, aside from just making something that’s pretty. The following tips will include additional details that should be considered.
Include company details in your product packaging and food labels. A brief mention about the company origin is a good thing. Providing company details depends on the space available, but it shouldn’t be neglected.
Social Media Details
Today, having an online presence is important for any business firm for various purposes. If you want to reap the benefits of having an online presence remember to add the respective social media icons to your label. Don’t forget to also include your website address, so consumers know where they can find more information about you online.
Material to be Used
There are different types of material used for labelling. Food labels are often printed onto semi-gloss or gloss paper, or another standard label material which includes PET film, vinyl, polypropylene or acrylic.
Food packaging label considerations:
- Will the product be stored in the freezer or extremely hot conditions?
- Will the product be stored for a long period of time?
- The cost of the labelling material will be a factor in this decision.
- Is the material practical for the print strategy or die cuts?
Design Your Label
The design of your food label must be practical. The size of text, background colour, font style, images and other elements should be consistent across your entire line. Make the design attractive, understandable and easy to read. A complex design will only make the reader confused and probably make them choose an alternative product.
The print method used for your label can affect the look of the design, as well as any coatings or special paper types. Because of this, it’s important that your designer becomes familiar with the label manufacturer you use. The professional label manufacturer that knows and understands your label needs usually also employs in-house graphic designers, which can be a great option for your peace of mind.
If you choose the wrong adhesive, your label will not stick, so it’s safe to say that adhesive choice is pretty important! The adhesive used for your label can depend on:
- The temperature where the food product will be stored
- The packaging of the food materials
- The environment in which the label will be applied to the product
There are four main types of adhesive which are used for labels
- Permanent Adhesive: very strong and impossible to remove without tearing the label.
- Freezer Grade Adhesive: used for food items kept in cold storage.
- Non-Adhesive Labels or Tags: put on the product by stitching, tying, or wrapping around the product.
- Repositionable Adhesive: can be removed and reused again without leaving any residue on the packaging
Always work with a professional when choosing the adhesive that is best suited for your product.
The pros at Jet Label are here to help you with your food label. Our experienced team works with each of these label elements every day, so we will guide you through the process to make perfect labels for your food product. Call us today at 1-866-440-5135 or visit jet-label.com
Image Source: https://en.wikipedia.org